Some people in a kitchen, and the secrets they utilize can make you think, “wow they are genius!” So I went out on a mission to find the best kitchen secrets and share them with all of you. So now we can all share and revel in the genius you once admired.
Below are the kitchen secrets that will make you look like a genius, plus you will save time and money too.
Cheese Bread: so easy you wont do it any other way!
Avocado are you ripe?
Loaded Potato’s the genius way!
Dental Floss before you eat.
When you your exhaled breath into a bag of lettuce it lasts longer. Thank the CO2 and science for that!
Chopsticks can now be child’s play.
Chip Clips have been hanging around your house without you knowing it.
Knock knock… Who’s there? Orange… Orange – you been doing it wrong all these years?
Brick oven pizza is better than the alternative!
The best way to make pancakes. Keep this in the fridge and make them when you want.
No pop-sickle mess… Now I need one big enough to just put under the kids!
Here are some good tips you can read through…
1. To get rid fruit stains on your fingers, clean them with a fresh, peeled potato. White vinegar also works well.
2. Avoid putting citrus fruits like lemons and oranges or tomatoes in the fridge,the low temperatures take away the smell and flavor of these fruits.
3. Milk in my house doesn’t last long. But if your milk goes bad because you do not use it a lot… Keep your milk fresh for longer and stop it from spoiling by adding a pinch of salt to the bottle when you first open it.
4. To clean any pot with gunk and calcium buildup, boil a mixture of half white vinegar and half water, then empty.
5. When storing Tupperware, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from smelling bad.
6. When making a soup, sauce, or casserole that ends up too fatty or greasy, drop in an ice cube. The ice will attract the fat, which you can then scoop out.
7. If you have some leftover wine, freeze it in ice cube trays for easy addition to soups and sauces in the future. This also works well to kep your vino cold while drinking it, and without watering it down.
8. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants, the water contains nutrients that your plants will love.
9. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about 4 inches of water. Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh. If only one end tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used soon. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
10. Keep lettuce and leafy greens fresh in the fridge by wrapping it in a clean, dry paper towel and storing lettuce and paper towel in a sealed bag in the fridge.
11. If you over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato, the potato will absorb the excess salt. The trick is to keep it whole and not to cut it.
12. If your loaf of bread is starting to go stale, just put a piece of fresh celery in the bag and close it back up.
13. For burnt rice, place a piece of white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutes to draw out the burned flavor. This only works for very lightly burnt rice. If its totally scorched forget about it, this won’t work at all.
14. Do not store your bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your bananas and place each in a different location. Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.