Ozarks potato salad is an iconic summer dish for those who are from or visited the Ozarks of Missouri.
This is a recipe that is a bit time consuming but offers a great tasting potato salad with a bit of egg and miracle whip. You have to try this recipe on your next BBQ or cook-put to see if your family and friends love it as much as we do!
Ingredients – 4 Servings
- 1-3/4 pounds red potatoes
- 3/8 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Remove the peels and cut into cubes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together the onion, salad dressing and mustard. Stir in the hard-boiled eggs and cooled potatoes. Try not to mash the potatoes very much. Season with salt and pepper.